8.1.10

6 men i like+something that is missing=the MAN

I have always had difficulties describing the man I like. I have always known what I like about certain men and people in general but I have never really known what I wish to see in my future husband.

Many times I have known what a Christian woman should look in a man and have made decisions according to this knowledge but I have never understood my OWN heart desire.

I have never even made a list of a perfect man (like so many Christian women do) and I have never put too much effort in discovering that area. I think I have not been ready before or maybe I just enjoyed the privilige of being free and doing things I like.

Or maybe I have been too busy with building my Christian life and trying to grow spiritually that I have actually neglected the natural every day life desire and calling from God - to get married unless you have been called to be single and serve God as single.

One thing I know after being in long relationship and hoping that it would be it, the one - IT IS NOT MY CALLING TO BE SINGLE! And I am very thankful for what I have learned!

And then there has never been any pressure from anybody - society, family, friends, church etc. Today when people have more freedom, it is OK or even MUST that people go after freedom and do not make any commitment or lifelong decisions! Unfortunately that goes with us Christians so many times as well.

In that sence we have become like the world! We enjoy the fellowship of a group but are scared or for any other reason do not start new fellowships from zero. That also goes for marriages. There are more single young Christians than married. Or at least this is what I have noticed.

But somehow God is working in my heart and getting more and more my attention to this topic.

Whilst reading a book sent by Mary Lou to me today (Love worth the wait by Sandy Weyeneth) I realized there are 6 men in my life that I really like and who`s company I enjoy. They are just people I know, nothing more. Some of them interested in me and have expressed they realliy like me (what ever that means nowadays!). But it is just that!

I discovered I like:

  • One for the good heart and manners
  • One for the passion for work and children
  • One for sence of humor
  • One for culture and philosophy oriented mind
  • One for adventurous heart
  • One for eagerness and hard-working mentality

Only one of them is Christian and I realized they all were lacking (I don`t know about the Christian though) one common thing - PASSION FOR CHRIST!

I realized or you could say I was confirmed again that this is the most important thing to me and yet I feel that if a man has the passion for Christ but is lacking all or some of the characteristics mentioned above, he would not be suitable for me as well.

You see, I have discovered a profile of a man I would like to marry....don`t know what God things about this profile yet!

I like A MAN with:

  • Passion for Christ and people around
  • Good heart and manners
  • Passion for his work (calling according to his talents, doesn`t mean working in church, might be working in the world and being a light and witness at the workplace) and passion for children
  • Sence of humor
  • Interest in other cultures and philosphies, yet sure of his own belief
  • Adventurous heart
  • Eagerness (takes initiative) and hard-working mentality (not scared to go wisely after what he wants)

So far I have not met a man that has all the 7 qualities. At least this is the way things look to me right now. We will see what God has to teach and show me about that!

Thank you Lord for helping me to recognize my needs, dreams and wishes! Thank you for teaching me how to live purposful life with this desire and dream every day!

1 comment:

  1. it´s much more easier now to recognise him when you find him because now you know what you are looking for. I also talk from my own experience. I didn´t like these lists until I made one myself. And it turned out to be very helpful ;)

    ReplyDelete